Improving Water Quality
Biomatrix Water Floating Ecosystems have been specifically developed to provide a modular natural solution to improve water quality. The solution harnesses the power of nature to provide a long-term sustainable water quality management solution, which uses no chemicals and which gets better with time as the system grows.
Improve Water Quality In:
Nutrient Laden Rivers
Open Wastewater Canals
Water Features, Ponds & Pools
An Engineered Ecology
Our technologies combine the latest developments in ecological engineering with new biofilm research and traditional wastewater treatment processes. Whole system engineered ecologies provide an energy efficient, low life cycle cost treatment solution.
What Can Be Treated?
- BOD/ COD Biological / Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Suspended Solids
- Algae / Cyanobacteria
- Metals, Copper, Zinc, Iron
Standard Treatment Elements
Additional Treatment Elements
How Treatment Works
- Maximising Biofilm Surface Area.
- Increasing direct contact between plant roots and water.
- Increasing flow through and contact time.
- Extending Biofilm surface are with the Biofilter Media.
- Nitrification / Denitrification
- Biological Breakdown /Oxidation
- Respiration / Carbon Cycling
- Dynamic Sorption
- Aquatic Food Chain Enhancement
- Increased Water Clarity
- Reduced Algae and Cyanobacteria Growth
- Reduced Nutrients Levels
- Mitigation of Odours
- Increased Resilience to Shock Loads
Water Quality Analysis
On Site Water Testing
Water Flow Analysis
Mobile Water Testing
View our Floating Ecosystem Modules page to learn more about the floating ecosystems for improving water quality.
View our Active Island Reactors page to learn more about active water treatment systems for powerful treatment.