Floating plants absorb
10-20 times more pollutants
than they would on shore.
Proprietary bio-media exponentially
increases water quality treatment
capacity by increasing biofilm
Ideal fish refuge and feeding zone.
Active Ecosystems grow billions
of beneficial microbes, which
spread out to improve water
quality over a large area.
Tough float system can
withstand flood conditions
and provide a life expectancy
of over 20 years.
Unique quick connect system
allows easy customisation
and adjustment to suit your
Versatile modular structure can
be customised to hundreds of
shapes and sizes.
Diverse native and ornamental
plantings transform urban
water channels into urban oasis.
Lo maintenance self-managing
Scroll Down to Learn More
Floating Islands Improve Water Quality and Increase Biodiversity
Floating Islands also called floating treatment wetlands provide natural water quality improvement and add beauty to any waterscape with colourful native and selected plant species. Ready to install components, sale available in natural shapes, recipe offer a cost effective and attractive focal point to the waterscape, supporting natural, maintenance-free ecological water restoration processes.
- Thermo-fused tough floats are durable and UV resistant (no Styrofoam or PVC used).
- A wide selection of plants can be chosen to suit your requirements for the creation of wildlife habitat or aesthetic enhancement of the waterscape.
- Buoyancy of islands can be increased to carry heavy loads such as driftwood, trees or sculptures.
- The extended root structure beneath the water provides a biological matrix, which supports good water quality and provides food for fish.
- Islands are cross braced and built to marine engineering standards for a long working life.
Watch our video “Solutions That Bring Waterways to Life” to see Floating Islands in action.
Floating Island Models
Create Your Own Island
- The versatile modular structure can be customised to hundreds of shapes and sizes.
- Islands can also be designed for leisure activities such as boat landing, fishing, swimming, picnicking and wildlife viewing.
- Islands can support structures such as gazebos.
- Increases waterfront value for owners and developers.
- Increases amenity and recreation value for residents and visitors.
- Increases habitat and biodiversity value for the long term sustainability of the water environment.
Harnessing the Power of Nature to Clean Water
Beneath the water surface Dynamic Media columns and suspended roots promote the establishment of beneficial aquatic biofilms, which cleanse the water through the breakdown, sorption and metabolic transformation of nutrients and impurities.
Full spectrum waterway ecosystems absorb excess nutrients incorporating them productively in healthy and attractive enhanced aquatic food chains, while reducing their availability to algae, lemna and other aquatic weeds.