Lo maintenance self-managing
Rises & falls with water level
Proprietary bio-media exponentially
increases water quality treatment
capacity by increasing biofilm
Floating plants absorb
10-20 times more pollutants
than they would on shore.
Unique quick connect system
allows easy customisation
and adjustment to suit your
Active Ecosystems grow billions
of beneficial microbes, which
spread out to improve water
quality over a large area.
Scroll Down to Learn More
Transforms hard edged banks
into vibrant living edges
FROM HARD EDGED WATERWAY TO THRIVING ECOSYSTEM IN UNDER 10 MONTHS
Biomatrix floating riverbanks are floating treatment wetlands that transform degraded waterways with hard steel or concrete edges into vibrant living riverbanks. They are a ready to install modular system which makes the installation and subsequent regeneration effort fast and efficient. The result is an attractive waterscape aesthetic, improved water quality, biodiversity and habitat benefits.
- Improved ecological status.
- Improved water quality.
- Increased biodiversity and habitat.
- Waterscape attraction and amenity.
- Increased waterway visitors and economic activity.
- Rapid restoration solution, 50-100 linear meters installed per day typical.
- Less expensive than civil works alternatives = cost saving technology.
FIRST SHOOTS EARLY SPRING
Watch our video “Solutions That Bring Waterways to Life” to see Floating Riverbanks in action.
Make Your Waterfront Restoration Project Stand Out
The system is ideally suited for waterfront restoration projects. Marine engineering materials allow attractive planted habitats to be successfully established in tough locations with steep vertical edges, poor water quality, floating debris, variable fast currents, and changing water levels.
- Rises and falls with water level
- No obstruction to water flow
- Adjustable to natural waterway curvature
- Low maintenance natural system
- Protects embankment from erosion
- Marine grade engineering
- Locking stainless steel Quick Connect System
- Fully cross-braced structure
- UV resistant Thermo Fused Tough Floats
- Concrete anchors secured using weighted guide rail system
- Multiple anchoring system available
- Optional bird access and nesting components
- Optional integrated walkway components
- Engineered solution – no foam or PVC
Attention to Engineered Technical Details
Beneath the water surface Dynamic Media columns and suspended roots promote the establishment of beneficial aquatic biofilms, which cleanse the water through the breakdown, sorption and metabolic transformation of nutrients and impurities.
Full spectrum waterway ecosystems absorb excess nutrients incorporating them productively in healthy and attractive enhanced aquatic food chains, while reducing their availability to algae, lemna and other aquatic weeds.