Improving Water Quality
Biomatrix Water Floating Ecosystems have been specifically developed to provide a concentrated natural solution to improve water quality. The Solution harnesses the power of nature to provide a long-term sustainable water quality management solution, which uses no chemicals and which gets better with time as the system grows.
Our technology combines the latest developments in ecological engineering with new biofilm research and traditional wastewater treatment processes. Whole system engineered ecologies provide an energy efficient, low life cycle cost treatment solution.
Eutrophic Lakes and Ponds
Nutrient Laden Rivers
Open Wastewater Canals
Water features, Ponds & Pools
What Can Be Treated?
- BOD/ COD Biological / Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Suspended Solids
- Algae / Cyanobacteria
- Metals, Copper, Zinc, Iron
Planting Media Matrix
Dynamic Media Matrix
Circulation & Aeration
How Treatment Works
- Maximising Biofilm Surface Area.
- Increasing direct contact between plant roots and water.
- Increasing flow through and contact time.
- Extending Biofilm surface are with the Biofilter Media.
Treatment Processes at Work
- Nitrification / Denitrification
- Biological Breakdown /Oxidation
- Respiration / Carbon Cycling
- Dynamic Sorption
- Aquatic Food Chain Enhancement
- Increased Water Clarity,
- Reduced Algae and Cyanobacteria Growth
- Reduced Nutrients Levels
- Mitigation of Odours
- Increased Resilience to Shock Loads
On Site Water Testing
Water Flow Analysis
Mobile Water Testing Lab
Visit our Floating Islands product page to find the ideal solution for improving water quality in rivers, canals, lakes and ponds.
Turbo Active Island Reactors
Visit our Turbo Active Island Reactors page for powerful water quality enhancement combining floating island treatment with aeration and dynamic media.
Visit our Floating Riverbanks product page to improve water quality through transforming hard concrete or steel river or canal banks into living treatment ecosystems.